Electronic cigarettes, also called e-cigarettes and smokeless cigarettes are specially designed devices that help people quit smoking. One of the most effective measures when it comes to smoking cessation, these cigarettes recreate the feel of smoking, minus the dangerous gases and excessive residue.
Facts And Statistics On E-Cigarettes
Here are some facts and statistics that will help you understand these electronic cigarettes better.
- In electronic cigarettes, cartridges with nicotine-laced liquid are used in the place of tobacco.
- The atomizer present in an e-cigarette converts this liquid into vapor that can be inhaled.
- These cigarettes can be smoked anywhere as they release just vapor and not harmful smoke.
- Passive smoking, one of the dangers of cigarette smoke, is not a problem here as the vapor is harmless.
- The cartridges for electronic cigarettes come in a variety of flavors, for people to choose from according to their individual tastes.
- There are many accessories that can be used with these cigarette cases, right from portable charging cases to rubber drip tips.
- Over a long term, they are much cheaper than regular cigarettes as the cartridges last for a long period of time. You can save up to $100 every month by switching to e-cigarettes.
- They are tar-free and free of harmful chemicals that regular cigarettes come packed with, and for this reason, are completely safe to use.
- The vapor released by these cigarettes is odorless, so you don’t have to worry about smelly fingers and clothes or bad breath anymore.
- Out of the estimated 45 million people who smoke in the United States, close to 2.5 million people smoke electronic cigarettes (which is a recent development).
- Studies have shown that close to 31% of people who shifted to electronic cigarettes successfully quit smoking in 6 months, making it an efficient way to quit smoking.
- Close to $20 million worth of e-cigarette units were sold in the US in the year 2008. Over the subsequent years, this has grown to $195 million in 2011, $500 million in 2012, and an estimated $1 billion in 2013, marking the fact that more people are opting for e-cigarettes.
- E-cigarettes are environment friendly and can be recycled, whereas the butts of regular cigarettes pollute the environment and more than 600 million trees are felled for tobacco production.
- Around 6000 companies in the US refuse to hire smokers, which is all the more reason why you should quit smoking as soon as possible.
As these statistics indicate, electronic cigarettes have moved on from being ‘just a fad’ to the most preferred accessories currently.