Electronic cigarettes have been portrayed as the effective solution for every smoker out there trying to kick the habit. This is true to an extent, because quitting smoking is a hard task that depends on secondary external influences as well and can’t be done overnight. If you’re trying to quit the habit, you’ll surely need help in some form or the other.
This is where electronic cigarettes score over other measures, because they recreate the feeling of smoking minus the harmful effects that tobacco smoke has on the lungs. This makes the process of quitting significantly easier, because you’ll just be substituting your regular cigarettes with an electronic variant!
But are these e-cigarettes as efficient and harmless as they are touted to be?
Here’s a list of their advantages and disadvantages that can help you make an informed decision.
What Are The Advantages Of Electronic Cigarettes?
- They Work Just Like Cigarettes: Electronic cigarettes provide the same pleasure that people derive from smoking tobacco, but in a safer way. The smoke (or vapors) created by e-cigarettes is almost identical to tobacco smoke, with nicotine content too (based on the flavor/type). This will help you satisfy your need to smoke without harming your body.
- They Are Healthier: The smoke from regular cigarettes has more than 60 known carcinogens, and close to 7000 chemicals. These carcinogens are substances that are capable of causing cancer in humans, which explains why cigarette smoking is extremely risky. On the other hand, electronic cigarettes or e-cigarettes don’t generate harmful smoke – they only generate vapors that recreate the actual feeling of smoking. Unlike normal cigarettes, electronic cigarettes don’t pollute your body with carbon monoxide, arsenic, acetone, formaldehyde, or tar, making them healthier options.
- They Are Odor Free: With electronic cigarettes, you don’t have to worry about smoking inside the house or during work hours, purely because they’re completely odor-free. You’ll no longer have a lingering smell of cigarettes around you wherever you go, and your fingers won’t smell once you’re done smoking. This can hugely impact your personal life, as you can mingle with your family and friends without trying to cover up the smell of smoking!
- They Are Ash And Tar Free: Smoking regular cigarettes is a messy affair – not only does the tar in cigarettes affect year lungs, but the ash accumulates over time to a point where disposing the ashes every day can be a pain. Electronic cigarettes, true to their name, are ash-free and tar-free, making them healthier and cleaner options.
- They Don’t Affect Others: As these cigarettes are safer, they also steer clear of another threat that normal cigarettes are associated with – passive smoking. Smoking regular cigarettes can harm anyone who is exposed to the smoke, but since e-cigarettes produce harmless vapors, they don’t affect you or anyone around you who’s exposed to these vapors!
These are the main advantages of electronic cigarettes.
What Are The Disadvantages Of Electronic Cigarettes?
When compared to the advantages, the disadvantages of smoking electronic cigarettes are significantly fewer in number.
- Electronic cigarettes don’t provide immediate results, as you’ll need to get used to smoking them first. This depends on the individual, so in rare cases, some might find it hard to get used to them.
- Some people find it difficult to inhale enough smoke from electronic cigarettes, although this can be rectified with time and practice.
Taking the advantages and disadvantages of electronic cigarettes into account, it’s quite clear that they’re here to stay. To get started, order a starter kit from V2 Cigs and experience the difference for yourself!