Like most smokers who turned to electronic cigarettes, I did my research first to find out more about them before investing in a starter kit. The only problem for me was, with so many starter kits on the market, which ones do you trust?
After comparing prices and reading reviews and recommendations, two companies really stood out; South Beach Smoke and V2 Cigs. Price-wise there really wasn’t much between them, so I made my choice based on what each had to offer.
V2 Cigs Starter Kits
- The V2 Standard Kit has an automatic and manual battery giving you more choice (I prefer automatic as it’s activated by puffing which is more realistic, but then a manual battery gives a thicker vapour).
- A V2 Smart Charger is included which charges twice as fast.
- A choice of 2 flavours and 2 strengths with the 10 e-cigarettes.
It also comes with a wall adapter and full instruction manual. Perfect for occasional smokers.
V2 Ultimate E-cigarette Starter Kit
This has pretty much everything you could ever need, but a few of my favourites are:
- Car Adapter – for vaping on the go
- Portable Charging Case â€“ useful when you are out socialising
- Power-Cig which plugs into a computer’s USB port
My feelings are that this starter pack has everything you need if you are a regular smoker who wants the convenience of being able to smoke pretty much anywhere. However, a couple of things I probably wouldn’t use are the metal carry case and the lanyard.
South Beach Smoke E-Cigs Starter Kits
There are 3 starter kits to choose from at South Beach Smoke:
- Deluxe Starter Kit
- Deluxe Plus Starter Kit
- Deluxe Ultimate Starter Kit
The Deluxe Starter Kit is pretty basic, consisting of 1 standard battery and 1 extra-capacity battery, a portable wall charger and 5 large nicotine cartridges. It’s ok to get you started but not as portable as I would like.
The most popular they say is the Deluxe Plus E-Cig Starter Kit which offers very good value for money in that it contains a wall charger, USB charger with car adaptor, 2 SuperMAX batteries and 5 e-cigs. The only drawback is that you only get 5 electronic cigarettes. Although you still get to choose strength and flavour.
The Deluxe Ultimate Starter Kit is a recommended product and includes a couple of accessories which are not included in the Deluxe Plus:
- Personal charging case for on-the-go charging
- 15 nicotine cartridges/atomizers
The choice I made in the end was for the Deluxe Ultimate Starter Kit. It contained everything that I personally wanted as a regular smoker who needed to be able to charge batteries on the go. It was a close call though as the V2 Ultimate came with more flavour choice and 25 cartridges, the only drawbacks were the accessories I wouldn’t use.
I’m now a fully converted and happy vaper!